just bought a sig p229 legion...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just bought a sig p229 legion...

Couldn't help it... but it's the first p226/229/220 model I can shoot without that pesky slide release in the way of my thumb. I like all those features on it too... minus the cheesy boys club vibe and that gay challenge coin.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They have a lower profile. I'm use to a high thumb grip and the old sigs just wouldn't work because my thumb would hit the slide release and not lock back the slide after the last round.

I tried to just lower my thumb position but the pistol has a high bore axis and the higher I can get my hand on it, the faster I can accurately shoot it.

David_M

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
They really look nice. How does it shoot? It's DA/SA, right?

I've been looking into getting one but I'm just not sure if it's really worth the asking price when I can get 2 really nice pistols for the same price. Did you purchase it locally or online?

Scott14k

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got one if these too and it's quickly become my favorite to shoot with, fits great, smooth trigger, and spot on accurate. I've got a mk25 p226 also, and it's great too, but I have to say I like the Legion 229 better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SCAROK

Marksman
Reaction score
Just bought the P229 Legion. It is a fantastic firearm. It is the best out of the box shooting handgun I have ever purchased. The trigger is so smooth and the sights are so quick to get on target. If you are a Sig person you will love the gun, if you are a Glock person you will amazed..........

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
IMG_1125.PNG
Thought I'd post this to show the difference in controls. It's a screenshot from a video

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That sure has to be a fine handgun indeed! I like the lower profile of the controls as the pic in post #8 shows too. Enjoy that thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom