Kahr PM9 vs XD 9mm 3"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for a small carry pistol that I can carry all day and not bother me. Any pros and cons of each would be good. Also any other pistols worth trying out.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Candy bar vs. Brick.

These are pretty different guns man - the XD is huge compared to the PM9.

I've honestly stopped worrying about being bothered by carrying weight and would personally rather have the extra stability on the gun I'm carrying when shooting it.

Of the two, the PM9 is much lighter, and much thinner. The XD Subcompact is going to have way less recoil over the Kahr though.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't speak for the XD but I've been testing out my PM9. Really accurate and manageable little gun. Obviously, the PM9 would be easiear to conceal seems the XD would have less recoil though and definately has better capacity. Just depends on which is more important to you.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My roommate (wormydog1724) used to have an xd40 subcompact and I currently have a PM40. About the only thing that you can compare with these firearms is the caliber. After that, it's all contrast. The Pm9/40 are fairly easy to conceal but have a limited capacity and the xd is the opposite. IMHO