Kalashnikov USA selling first American-made guns next month

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Soon you'll be able to buy an American-made Kalashnikov. Kalashnikov USA, which split from its Russian parent company three years ago, will start selling a semiautomatic 12-gauge shotgun called the KS-12 in February, CEO Brian Skinner told CNNMoney. The gun is being produced at a new factory in Pompano Beach, Florida, and will probably cost at least $750.
Ak USA.jpg

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't know, but if they plan on making a mark, they had better put up one damn good product if it has that Kalashnikov name on it.
You get one chance to live up to a legend and a lifetime to live down failing at it.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Soon you'll be able to buy an American-made Kalashnikov. Kalashnikov USA, which split from its Russian parent company three years ago, will start selling a semiautomatic 12-gauge shotgun called the KS-12 in February, CEO Brian Skinner told CNNMoney. The gun is being produced at a new factory in Pompano Beach, Florida, and will probably cost at least $750.
View attachment 83005

Kalashnikov USA never "split from its Russian parent company", they were only importing some of their goods. They used to import Saigas and convert them, until Obama stopped that. They have been promising ever since then to have American made AK's, but it never really came to fruition. I won't be holding my breath for it to happen and a lot of other people feel the same way. All of the "American made" AK's have been absolute crap so far, with a myriad of problems. Why would anyone pay more for an American AK that may or may not come apart in your hands when you can get a com-block one that has been tested, for an even cheaper price.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Romanian Ak from Century Arms is flawless. Great milling, no canted sights and runs like a clock (clock not glock).
Probably because it wasn't made by CAI. WASR's are made in Romania at the Cugir factory, Century imports them. The C39 and RAS47 AK's that are made by Century are absolute garbage that are prone to breakage.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably because it wasn't made by CAI. WASR's are made in Romania at the Cugir factory, Century imports them. The C39 and RAS47 AK's that are made by Century are absolute garbage that are prone to breakage.
Mine was imported by Century and I was concerned about the quality. That was before it came in and I got to shoot it. Solid with none of the issues everyone was complaining about, such as mag wobble, sloppy milling, canted sights...etc. Not on mine. I did my research and the shooters that bought this particular AK was extremely satisfied. So I pulled the trigger and glad i did

Latest posts

Top Bottom