Kansas Campus Concealed Carry: Zero Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Such a surprise (not)
When Kansas passed a law recognizing lawful concealed carry on college campuses, anti-gun faculty predictably cried foul. One professor, Kevin Willmott, even made a show of wearing a bulletproof vest to class. “Try to forget that I’m wearing a vest,” he remarked, “and I’ll try to forget that you could be packing a .44 magnum.”

Yet statistics from the first six months of campus carry at the University of Kansas demonstrate how silly all this hysteria has been. The university’s Office of Public Safety reported no weapons violations in 2017, whereas 14 such violations occurred between 2008 and 2016. So much for the predictions of gun-toting students disrupting classes and threatening their instructors.

In fact, campus carry might be making a positive impact on the university’s crime rates. According to The Sentinel, there were 671 criminal offenses reported on campus in 2017, down 13 percent from 770 in 2016. Additionally, 2017 saw only 56 reported thefts, compared with 213 in 2016.

While it’s impossible to draw firm conclusions from the case of one school, the results at the University of Kansas provide further confirmation that campus carry does not bring about the apocalyptic effects that its anti-gun critics promise. In fact, it just might be making everyone on campus safer and more secure.
https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/...sity-of-kansas-crime-drops-with-campus-carry/

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a shock... that the evidence of violent crime going down when people are allowed the right to defend themselves would carry over to an academic environment.

Just like all our disingenuous legislators here who got on the floor of the House and fearmongered about "blood in the streets" and "shootouts in downtown" over and over and over again - with concealed carry in the 90s, with open carry a couple years ago, and then with constitutional carry this session. NONE of which have been borne out in statistically-significant numbers nationwide (as I go spit upon the grave of Sue Tibbs).

Braggs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They're arguing with their emotions. You see, these people are held captive by their emotions like an petulant child. Their emotions control them and make them lash out and throw tantrums. It really is a mental disorder where the adults haven't matured mentally.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They're arguing with their emotions. You see, these people are held captive by their emotions like an petulant child. Their emotions control them and make them lash out and throw tantrums. It really is a mental disorder where the adults haven't matured mentally.

I would argue,” Held captive by their emotions like a.......hormonal, neurotic woman.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom