Kathy Taylor and Mayors Against Illegal Guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just read this and thought others would enjoy.

http://www.batesline.com/archives/2013/06/kathy-taylor-and-mayors-against.html

By Michael Bates on June 7, 2013 12:25 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBacks (0)
UPDATE 2013/06/08: As I've examined news releases and articles from the initial Mayors Against Illegal Guns summit, the picture is emerging that Kathy Taylor was even farther from being a mere passive attendee in Michael Bloomberg's group than I thought. I've added some links and photos below. Taylor was part of a small core group of 15 mayors -- 13 of them Democrats -- who signed on to a common statement of principles, which included the pledge to recruit other mayors to join. I think it's fair to say that Kathy Taylor was a charter member of Michael Bloomberg's anti-gun-rights coalition.

Taylor's backtracking is reminiscent of her sudden disappearance from the advisory board of Tulsans for Better Government, the group that came into existence to push for at-large seats on the city council.

Kathy Taylor's active involvement as Tulsa mayor in New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg's group Mayors Against Illegal Guns was a topic in last night's KRMG/Fox23 Tulsa mayoral forum. During the rebuttal opportunity at the end of the forum, Taylor says she attended one conference with many other mayors and didn't inhale. (I may have made up those last three words.) For full story see the above link.

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/2013-Tulsa-Mayoral-Forum-watch-the-video/oej0Z6Fvj0KHeCOyR-cJLw.cspx

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, Christensen is a RINO with more Democrat supporters than Taylor, but talks a good pro-gun line.
Bartlett's got the NRA endorsement.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Yeah, Christensen is a RINO with more Democrat supporters than Taylor, but talks a good pro-gun line.
Bartlett's got the NRA endorsement.

Bartlett endorsed Taylor twice for Mayor, tell me again who the RINO is? The NRA must be smoking crack or must not have done any research on the candidates to endorse Bartlett after he endorsed an Illegal Mayors Against Guns candidate twice.

Christiansen got OK2A's and Wanenmacher's local, grassroots, boots on the ground endorsement. That carries more weight for me than the NRA's far removed, astroturf, east coast elitist, executive, endorsement.

There is only one candidate in this race that can be trusted to promote and protect the second amendment rights of Tulsans as Mayor. Clearly it's Christiansen, not Bartlett and certainly not Taylor.

[video=youtube_share;y8S0-5msHjY]http://youtu.be/y8S0-5msHjY[/video]

Last edited:

jdgabbard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually got to meet with Christiansen a while back. Asked a him a few questions. I walked away feeling as though he beat around the bush and wouldn't really give a direct answer. He promises transparency in the local government, I'm not sure he'll give it. At the end of the day, I see it just like any other election. There is no good candidate.

Oklahoma78

New to the site!
Reaction score
I am going to vote for Christiansen. Here is an email I recieved from the Gun Owners of America:

Gun Owners of America has endorsed Bill Christiansen, a businessman and former Marine, for Tulsa mayor in the primary election on Tuesday, June 11.

Christiansen is challenging the current mayor of Tulsa, who has broken the law in posting “no gun” signs in city parks. State law preempts localities from passing stricter gun control laws, and denying permit holders from carrying in city parks is a clear violation of Oklahoma law.

When the state group OK2A notified Mayor Dewey Bartlett’s office about this conflict with the state law, gun owners were told that the mayor’s staff would be lobbying for a repeal of the state preemption law.

“So instead of complying with the law,” says OK2A, “they will continue to break it while trying to make the law comply with their illegal actions.”

UPDATE: GOA found out today (the day before the election) that the city of Tulsa has begun to tape over the “no gun” signs. The head of OK2A suspects that it took a combination of forces to make the Mayor cry “uncle” -- namely, the fact that there is an impending election (tomorrow) and that OK2A was threatening to sue the city.

Despite this late-breaking information, GOA agrees that it’s time for a change in Tulsa -- and Bill Christiansen is the change that is needed.

As stated by OK2A: “Tulsa has a clear choice. Option one: Mayor Bartlett, who obviously has no respect for the law. Option two: Kathy Taylor, a proven progressive [and a former charter member of New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s anti-gun group known as Mayors Against Illegal Guns]. Or, option three: Bill Christiansen.”

If elected, Bill Christiansen has agreed that he will remove the anti-gun signs in Tulsa's parks (without the threat of a lawsuit to comply with state law) and will carefully select a police chief who is pro-Second Amendment.

Please visit Bill Christiansen’s website at www.billfortulsa.com to see how you can help. And if you live in Tulsa, please make sure you vote for Christiansen on Tuesday, June 11.

Sincerely,

Tim Macy
Vice-Chairman
Gun Owners of America

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom