Know thine enemy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ran across this article today and found it to be enlightening. Thought maybe someone here would find it useful as well.

Basically a plain english summary of the types of guns criminals carry and how they carry them (with information we would find relevant like make, model, caliber, ammunition selected)

The big myth that was dispelled in my mind was that these cheap saturday night special guns were used in the majority of cases. interesting to know that wasn't the case! (at least in this LEO's own jurisdiction)

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But take in account Aurora Co. what that (Blank) used. Maybe that is an isolated case. You don’t know what anyone is carrying.
As for me I have my (.38SP & .45 Long Colt which also fires .410 Gag Ammo) which I can hit my targets @ 150 feet, without help from the Side mounted leasers. That is as a warning for them to go in the opposite direction from over 500 feet away. So I do not have to fire at them, unless they start shooting first. I have the leasers for each sited in at 35-75 feet.
Which is half the distance that I shoot for practice without help from the leasers? Otherwise I agree with your article.

Now This is Scary!
Good info in article,I just assume ...everyone is armed

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But take in account Aurora Co. what that (Blank) used. Maybe that is an isolated case. You don’t know what anyone is carrying.
As for me I have my (.38SP & .45 Long Colt which also fires .410 Gag Ammo) which I can hit my targets @ 150 feet, without help from the Side mounted leasers. That is as a warning for them to go in the opposite direction from over 500 feet away. So I do not have to fire at them, unless they start shooting first. I have the leasers for each sited in at 35-75 feet.
Which is half the distance that I shoot for practice without help from the leasers? Otherwise I agree with your article.

Now This is Scary!
Good info in article,I just assume ...everyone is armed

Just a question WTF are Leasers? And why would he need to point one at someone 500 feet away? Ugh :facepalm:

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I ever end up in a gunfight, I hope the criminal has an unloaded or broken gun !!

As far as knowing thine enemy and thyself, I would rather know what my enemy was thinking,doing and carrying. And for my self I have been in a situation (2 times with vicious dogs and one time on three men) where I did pull my pistol out, Fortunantly I didn't have to pull the trigger but came damn close and had no fear or worries about doing so. I hope I never have to do it again but am sure I won't hesitate if the need arises.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was watching one of those Gangland shows and they were interviewing some little punk wannabe thug and he pulls the magazine out of his gun and speaking in his best ebonics language, shows the round in the magazine, and says this bullet right here is a special round that will blow someones head off, I could of swore that was a purple snap cap just like I have and I'd bet my last dollar on it. That was recorded some time ago, I wonder if he ever found out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom