Korea to Begin Broker’s Auction of 84,417 M1 Rifles Destined for USA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to the article, things could start moving around June 25. I wonder what the sticker shock price will be when they become available to the public? I have no doubt that the DC elite politicians will tack on some type of "Repatriotization Fee" to these "old vets" before they can come back ashore. :rotflmao::rotflmao:

http://www.ammoland.com/2012/04/20/...417-m1-rifles-destined-for-usa/#axzz1sYRqET5V
Korea to Begin Broker’s Auction of 84,417 M1 Rifles Destined for USA
Posted on April 20, 2012 by Ammoland
By Christopher E. Hill

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still the same Korean sources...I'll believe it when I hear from a U.S. source and the guns actually start showing up. CMP has already stated they are not, and will not be involved.

If the Koreans think their end of the deal is going to be $500 bucks, then folks here are going to be disappointed. By the time it passes through multiple hands to get into the commercial market you might be paying $800 or more for junk (article says the were 'used during the Korean war'), import stamped rifles.

If you want a Garand, you can order one from the CMP today and support American shooting programs instead of drooling over Korean rumors...LOL.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still the same Korean sources...I'll believe it when I hear from a U.S. source and the guns actually start showing up. CMP has already stated they are not, and will not be involved.

If the Koreans think their end of the deal is going to be $500 bucks, then folks here are going to be disappointed. By the time it passes through multiple hands to get into the commercial market you might be paying $800 or more for junk (article says the were 'used during the Korean war'), import stamped rifles.

You are so correct! All who read this thread refer to SMS's post. I have seen too many over the years that well, just refer to SMS's post. Here is the thing. All of the rifles The DCM and now the CMP came back from countries which the US loaned them to. Understand I am saying, Loaned them to those countries. So They, are, the countries obligated to return them to the USA and they go to the US Army and then to the now CMP. South Korea bought, I say bought, thousands of weapons from the US. So since they bought them they may do as they please with them when they have deemed them surplus for their needs. I could be wrong but I really don't think so, and I reiterate refer to SMS's post. Please.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
still the same korean sources...i'll believe it when i hear from a u.s. Source and the guns actually start showing up. Cmp has already stated they are not, and will not be involved.

If the koreans think their end of the deal is going to be $500 bucks, then folks here are going to be disappointed. By the time it passes through multiple hands to get into the commercial market you might be paying $800 or more for junk (article says the were 'used during the korean war'), import stamped rifles.

If you want a garand, you can order one from the cmp today and support american shooting programs instead of drooling over korean rumors...lol.

a big + 1

Latest posts

Top Bottom