Langford Community Forum, in NW OKC, Tuesday Jan 8th 6PM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOKNLOD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone consider attending? We ought to pack the building with so many pro-gun folks theres no room for anyone else. And make sure he knows that's why we're there.

Dear Friend,

Please join me for a Tuesday Talk Community Forum taking place in the district next week. All of the details for the forum are below. If you have any questions, feel free to contact my district office at (405) 234-9900.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Northwest Library
6:00 – 7:00 PM
5600 NW 122nd | Oklahoma City, 73142

I look forward to seeing you on Tuesday.

Last edited:

Slack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
U.S. Congressman James Lankford (5th District)
https://lankford.house.gov/event/northwest-library

Please remember that it will be unlawful to carry to this event per:

21 OS 1277
A. It shall be unlawful for any person in possession of a valid handgun license issued pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act to carry any concealed or unconcealed handgun into any of the following places:
2. Any meeting of any city, town, county, state or federal officials, school board members, legislative members, or any other elected or appointed officials;
Also, I suspect this branch of the Metropolitan Library System is marked as "No Weapons". I know that is the case with other branches.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I plan on going, as well as some of the other liberty-minded people. I've been to enough Lankford meetings and watched his votes on legislation to know that he is pure RINO. He fully supports indefinite detainment of American citizens under the NDAA, the Patriot Act, which destroyed the 4th Amendment, FISA and other morsels. He will not answer any questions on indefinite detainment, warrantless searches, DHS ammo purchases and just about anything else that guts the Constitution.

He does enjoy being praised and told how wonderful he is, so if you want an audience with James Lankford, tell him how great he is as a Congressman, just don't ever attend a Lankford town meeting with the thought of asking anything more than he wants asked.

LOKNLOD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please remember that it will be unlawful to carry to this event per:

Good reminder.

I plan on going, as well as some of the other liberty-minded people. I've been to enough Lankford meetings...

He does enjoy being praised and told how wonderful he is, so if you want an audience with James Lankford, tell him how great he is as a Congressman, just don't ever attend a Lankford town meeting with the thought of asking anything more than he wants asked.

Do tell, more on what to expect. Never been to one before.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Rep. James Lankford only takes written questions drawn from a little red bucket. After he answers the question, he draws another. This ensures that follow-up discussion on any given topic can be avoided and when he finishes his answer, the topic can be changed.

Representative Lankford told the audience that he supports the Second Amendment rights of hunters, sportsmen and people who desire self-defense. Questioners prefaced their questions with the REAL reason the Founding Fathers gave us the Second Amendment was as a safeguard against tyranny, but the theme remained the Second Amendment is to hunt, sport shooting and self-defense against a burglar.

Rep. Lankford was unclear and squishy on gun control and I strongly believe that Representative James Lankford could easily support gun registration, restrictions on semi-automatic rifles and handguns, normal-capacity magazines and other equipment that is not specifically for hunting, sporting and self-defense. James Lankford has already voted in favor of indefinite detainment of citizens without trial under NDAA, the Patriot Act, FISA, Anti-Tresspass and a myriad of other laws handy for a tyranny.

LOKNLOD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah. On the surface his answers were decent, but definitely from perfect. He did stop short of affirming the 2nd as a safeguard, as you said. I think he definitely could be swayed into "compromising" on some of the restrictions being proposed.

That's why I stayed after to eavesdrop in on others' questions and talk to him myself. I didn't get to push the issue much further but hey, at least it was another voice from our side.

Like most, he's a politician, so I think he's an ally as long as we continue to make sure he knows it's politically beneficial to him to be on our side and detrimental to not be. He's not the guy that's going to sign on to DiFi and McCarthy wanting to round 'em all up, but he is the kind that might fall for a mag ban or something. He's exactly the kind of guy that needs constant contact and reinforcement from us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom