Lawn/Grass Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MFCEO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally closed and began moving in my new home.

The sod which I believe is Bermuda? was layed a month+ ago and is in rough shape. I've been watering it early morning and evening the last 2 days.

What else do I need to do to get it looking healthy and growing? I know it probably does not help winter is about here.

Any help is much appreciated.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bermuda is dormant in the winter. No amount of water will get it green this time of year.

If you want green, throw out some rye grass seed in the bermuda sod and water it....

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't expect any growth 'till spring. Keeping it watered throughout its dormant stage or season is good for it, however. In the spring, it'll "recover" and start sending out - eh - I think they are called 'tillers' and will fill in any weak or blank spots. Feed it well, too. Put down pre-emergent in early spring, too.

Follow my advise and your lawn can look as crappy as mine! (It's the clay.) :mosh:

Woody

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait until spring, and find someone with the last remnants of MSMA... Respirator and long sleeves/pants/gloves/head covering hat... Spray, have perfect bermuda

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get the guys that do Boise State's field to come and do your lawn.

Seriously, find a local garden store, locally owned, and ask them. They'll help you. I'd buy the stuff from them too.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the spring get the soil tested for it's ph balance. I have never but all my friends say to do it so you know howmto feed the lawn properly. I just throw down some triple 16; 16-16-16, every 6 weeks and I have a dark green lawn..

Latest posts

Top Bottom