Lawton Gun Show 14-15 Jan 12 - Comanche County Fairgrounds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fellow OSA folks exiled to SW Oklahoma - don't despair there will be a gun show this weekend in Lawton:

Jan 14-15 Lawton, Comanche County Fairgrounds Anex Bldg. 920 S. Sheridan Rd Sat 9-5 Sun 10-4 300 tbs Metcalf Gun Shows 918-272-1119

Yeah, I know these haven't been great in the past but the last one was OK and maybe the show organizers are getting a better grip on the facility size needed.
I intend to go Saturday and maybe Sunday if there is anything worth seeing twice.

Please post if you are going - maybe we shake hands and say hello.
Plus I will have several guns to trade (I will list under WTT section later) and its a good place to meet.

Hope to see some of you there!

B

Big Moose

Mugsy what is the cost to get in the door? I really don't need anything but always can look, you just never know what might jump out at you.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was trading with Saddlebum this morning then doing "honey-dos" so I won't know the cost for sure until I get there around 14:15
I will be the short, swarthy guy in a blue USAF t-shirt or possibly a blue Air Force jacket.

You may also see me hanging around looking for an Ithaca Model 37 or a Charter Arms .44 spl Bulldog

I will have a Hi-Point 995 in an ATI stock and a Taurus PT99AF along for trade.

See Ya there

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was trading with Saddlebum this morning then doing "honey-dos" so I won't know the cost for sure until I get there around 14:15
I will be the short, swarthy guy in a blue USAF t-shirt or possibly a blue Air Force jacket.

You may also see me hanging around looking for an Ithaca Model 37 or a Charter Arms .44 spl Bulldog

I will have a Hi-Point 995 in an ATI stock and a Taurus PT99AF along for trade.

See Ya there

I don't blame you for looking for either of those guns. I sold a first year post war 37 with deluxe wood a couple years ago... nice gun. I LOVE Charter Arms .44 Bulldogs! They are one of the most overlooked great guns that there are in my opinion.

Give us a report on the show afterwards. It had to have been better than the Claude Hall show in OKC this weekend. Those have been going downhill for a long time... such a shame.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to be so late (1 hour left to the show) but here goes...

Entry fee was $9.00 (with the dollar off coupon it was $8.00)

On Saturday there was good attendance - I think that the gun show benefited from the crowded Lamb and pig show right next door.

Don't feel bad if you missed it there wasn't much gun stuff there worth seeing.
Supply of pistols was poor - the two gentlemen that had the most had rather high prices. The supply was also quite limited.
I could not find a Charter Arms Bulldog :^( and Smiths were scanty and/or over-priced. However, there were a couple of decently priced Ruger LC9s and a larger than usual supply of Taurus models.
Lots of ammo but none at really competitive prices compared to Walmart or mail order.
I did see one good deal if one wanted a Ruger Mini-14 Ranch rifle cera-coated in tiger-stripes.
There were also a fair number of hunting rifles but shotguns were not numerous - Could not find a Youth model 20 gauge let alone an Ithaca Model 37.

Gear was also in short supply - no one marketing high quality targets or holsters but pocket knives there were aplenty.

However, there was more bow gear than I recall from last time.

BTW - I did not see SuperDave65 who was here last show and had some good deals available.

Overall - it wasn't terrible but I think my $8.00 would have been better spent as part of a $10.47 box of 9mm FMJ Federal at Walmart.

Oh yes, I did get to meet OSA member "Mighty Mouse" as an indirect result of the show - and its always good to meet fellow OSAers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom