• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

LCP or P3AT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 97.9%
47   1   0
Before I go out shopping on the web, anyone have an LCP or P3AT worth the money?
Just thinking I need another pocket pistol.

PM please
Thanks

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I carry the P3-AT. Shot the LCP. Not much difference imho. The first issue of LCP had a very crappy trigger, but it was improved in later models.
Early P3-AT models had issues as well.
Find later issues, buy cheap and practice with it.
I keep a cheap box of ammo in the truck to burn a couple mags through it to keep familiarized with the trigger and controls. It’s too easy to drop into the pocket and forget about it.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Tell me more?

I was a gun counter jockey for a while and shot alot of pocket 380s. Best and smoothest was the Sig p238, a close second for me was the glock 42, followed by the bodyguard 380 (go for the built in laser). I hated the colt mustang( to stiff and over priced) and the Beretta pico (super akward grip angle that I could never get use to no matter how much I held it. I can't and won't rely on the p3at or tauruses tcp. Never shot the khar cw380, but reminded me of the colt mustang, and I never got to hold or shoot mossberg mc1, but the price point is nice and I have not heard anything bad about it.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 97.9%
47   1   0
I was a gun counter jockey for a while and shot alot of pocket 380s. Best and smoothest was the Sig p238, a close second for me was the glock 42, followed by the bodyguard 380 (go for the built in laser). I hated the colt mustang( to stiff and over priced) and the Beretta pico (super akward grip angle that I could never get use to no matter how much I held it. I can't and won't rely on the p3at or tauruses tcp. Never shot the khar cw380, but reminded me of the colt mustang, and I never got to hold or shoot mossberg mc1, but the price point is nice and I have not heard anything bad about it.

But the Mossberg MC1 is a 9 approximately the same size as the Glock 43. I agree with you on the Sig and 42. Thank you for your input. Gives me something to think about.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Taurus TCP 738 had 2 possible issues which were the slide lock needed filed slightly or the mag needed the lips bent slightly out. Me and my son both bought one several years ago and neither had any issues. I traded mine for a Feg 380 and while I love the Feg I regretted not having the TCP to throw in my pocket for yard work or a quick trip to the store. Just picked one up from a member here and headed to the range to check function.First trigger pull is long(think DA) but smooth and reset is short and easy to feel.
Is it a pleasure to shoot? No, lol it kicks like all the mouse guns in 380 do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom