Learning to fight.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Looking for a place in the Tulsa area that teaches realistic hand to hand self defense, an hopefully understands the idea of using weapons for self defense.

What should I expect to pay, and if its not something I can do long term, what do you suggest as far as how long to learn the basics and build a foundation? I have never done any kind of martial art, and want to start somewhere, but don't have a lot of extra time or money.

Sent from my T.A.R.D.I.S. using a Sonic Screwdriver.

Sam Shoun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The two I recommend a lot are Relentless Martial Arts and Triton Fight Center. RMA is a somewhat more traditional school, run by a Tulsa SWAT cop who has spent a lot of time studying criminal & victim behavior. I go to Triton (see my review here: http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?189253-Triton-Fight-Center-Tulsa), which is more of a BJJ/MMA school that does a good job of addressing both the competition and defensive interests. I've enjoyed the heck out of both schools. Both will let you try before you buy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom