LEE Liquid? ALOX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prairie Traveler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Howdy, from NE of Tulsa:
Has anyone had an experience, with "liquid" ALOX lube, solidifying in the closed container? Can this stull be thinned with some kind of solvent, or is it water soluble?

I bought a container of it, new, with an intact seal, and the stuff is like semi-solid varnish! Tried soaking the bottle in hot water, and all that did, was start the label pealing off!
Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had some did the same thing years ago. Microwave. Carefully. I think I started with five seconds and wound up around ten or so. Of course, that'a also gonna' depend on how full it is.

Prairie Traveler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
redleg10, and DRC458; thank you very much, for the suggestions!
I think I"ll try the paint thinner, first. I don't think "The Boss Lady", would take kindly to my "nucking" something like this in her microwave.
And again, the Forum comes through!
Thanks again, and a "Merry Christmas"! to you All!

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use mineral spirits. The real stuff, not the water soluble.

Set the bottle of Alox in some hot water for a minute or so to liquefy what there is, then add the MS a bit at a time. It's not going to take much.
Adding a small bullet (just the bullet, not the cartridge) or a small bolt or something as an agitator helps to mix it up when shaking it.

archer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont waste your time with the lee. Contact white label lube @ lsstuff.com. They have a liquid lube that dries completley, no residual stickiness or tackiness. These folks are in arkansas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom