Lee RGB "real good buy" dies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i probably wouldn't consider these at all but what if you know your only going to do a couple hundred rounds or so. what say ye?

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with them at all. The RGB set does not come with the dipper I'm not fond of or the load data I dont need the only thing that would be nice is a shell holder like the other sets come with but for the price how can a person gripe?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
your right about the dipper and shell holder. i didn't notice that at first. i thought they were using softer steel or something. i think i'll order some for 8mm.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used a couple of sets of the RGB dies, in rifle calibers and loaded several hundred with them without noticing any problems. I'm not afraid of them. I do use a good lube (Imperial sizing die wax). Blitzfike

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
My understanding is they're the same dies as included in other sets, just don't include the extras, and only the FL sizing die/decapper, and bullet seater.

I've thought about buying a set or two.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i probably wouldn't consider these at all but what if you know your only going to do a couple hundred rounds or so. what say ye?

WHY NOT?

They're the standard steel dies without all the extra crap. No dipper, no shell holder, no load data. If you've already got a shellholder set, this is all you need. You get the same warranty, and they're only $20.

ALSO - Lee will give you full credit towards the purchase of a better set if the RGB's aren't good enough for you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom