This doesn’t seem right

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are a couple of firms advertising on KTOK that seem to be a real disaster for some folks. They are wanting to buy homes and them rent them back to the owners. Even the “double-fast” disclaimer at the end of the commercial sounds slimy. They say settlement will be a combination of cash and ….. I haven’t been able to understand the last part. These seem to be aimed at individuals that have gotten them selves into some financial difficulties and are probably not savvy enough to avoid being taken advantage of.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With a reverse mortgage, I believe you still own the home. In this deal, they take ownership, pay taxes, maintenance, etc. but there is no mention of the lease price being frozen, or any other guarantee that you would be able to stay in the home after sometime. It just sounds crooked.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. I've been getting mail from them also. They will "let" me live in "my" home as long as I want to -- and I don't have to carry insurance or pay property taxes. Wonder how long it would take after I missed that first lease payment for them to have me served with an eviction notice??

All this is is a good way to end up homeless ... Or paying "the going rate" on a rental/lease agreement. And who here thinks that rental/lease amount will be the same as/less than your current mortgage payment?

If you think so, we need to talk. I have beachfront property in my backyard I'd like to sell ...

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got a letter from one of those fly-by-nite "real estate companies" offering to buy my folks' farm at a "fair and reasonable offer." If they had actually done about five minutes of research, they'd have seen that we already sold the place at the end of last year, and for more than double their "fair and reasonable offer."

I seriously though about replying to the letter and telling them to ask their sister-mom why their family tree doesn't fork...

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get offers all the time for pennies on the dollar for what land is actually selling for .out of staters have drove the price up On land .

Latest posts

Top Bottom