Lefties With Rifles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MauserJoe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Practice using your rest hand for operating the bolt on a right-handed rifle. At first it feels awkward, but I can operate a right-handed bolt rifle and get back on target twice as fast as a right-handed shooter. Reaching over the top never made any sense to me.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll join the crowd here and say that I also am RH but shoot LH because of eye dominance, and I don't own anything but RH bolt guns, including three Rem 700's. I've shot this way for longer than I did RH; actually tried shooting a gun I got last year RH since it had a big nice cheekpiece (wood stock), and just couldn't hit near as well as LH. And to add this, I also got Lasik surgery on both eyes 2 years ago, so they're both 20/20 now; so blaming it on the old reason that my left eye was superior is out, and I can't even write my name left handed :)

Blue Baby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My daughter is right handed but left eye dominant. She shoots rifle lefty and pistol righty. Poor girl.....
I would like a nice lefty semi auto for her.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom