Leggings Dispute At Central Middle School In Edmond - What's your take on them?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
And apparently has been doing so for over 6,000 years, since it's sort-of mentioned in two of the older books of the Old Testament.

So society has lasted over 6,000 years with men kissing. I bet we'll last longer....

Um, no. They didn't.

Gen 19:24: Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;

But you go ahead and believe what you will. God has the final word.

Just because the majority believe a thing makes no difference. The majority of antediluvians believed they were ok, but I guess they were proven wrong.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Um, no. They didn't.

But you go ahead and believe what you will. God has the final word.

Just because the majority believe a thing makes no difference. The majority of antediluvians believed they were ok, but I guess they were proven wrong

PREACH IT !!!!!! Just be prepared to be crucified by the heathens on here.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^I'm border line agnostic and I didn't throw either side under the bus..nor crucify anyone^^^ I know, I know..agnostic is in the "heathen" catagory.

Well really I'm slowly exploring Judaism and Hare Krishna...but still as of now agnostic. .but still didn't flame nor belittle anyone....yet.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^I'm border line agnostic and I didn't throw either side under the bus..nor crucify anyone^^^ I know, I know..agnostic is in the "heathen" catagory.

Well really I'm slowly exploring Judaism and Hare Krishna...but still as of now agnostic. .but still didn't flame nor belittle anyone....yet.

If some had their way, the flames would be more along the type practiced during the Spanish Inquisition

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If some had their way, the flames would be more along the type practiced during the Spanish Inquisition

I hold to an opinion. I can't say I like being lumped in with a dark aged mentality which purpose was the perpetuation and preservation of Catholic orthodoxy. The Inquisition was not Christian. Christ never endorsed, nor allowed, the torture and murder of those with whom He disagreed. He simply gave them a choice. He did not even try to defend Himself when He was tortured and murdered, other than a mild rebuke in John 18.

John 18:23: Jesus answered him, If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil: but if well, why smitest thou me?
KJV

As a Christian, I believe the Bible to be the final word in all matters of faith and doctrine. And the Bible has a great deal to say re the above referenced subjects. That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying to torture and murder those who disagree. That's what your allusion implies.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't there something in Leviticus about taking children to the edge of town and stoning them to death for the wearing of leggings?

Oh, wait, no. That's just for being disobedient. That Old Testament is just chalked full of great ideas. Damnit. We never get to stone kids these days.

Let them wear leggings then!

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't there something in Leviticus about taking children to the edge of town and stoning them to death for the wearing of leggings?

Oh, wait, no. That's just for being disobedient. That Old Testament is just chalked full of great ideas. Damnit. We never get to stone kids these days.

Let them wear leggings then!

Don't forget tattoos. Leviticus also isn't a fan of those, either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom