Lehto’s Law: Detroit Tries Overhauling Corrupt Towing System

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Oh no, say it ain’t so! 😃😄😆😅😂🤣

lol the stolen vehicle part.

juuuuuust went thru that. told me i had 1 hour to get it, from the time the call began, or it would be impounded. when i arrived (thankfully they are ditched it in the south side rather than somewhere more than 1 hour away), the cop had already phoned the wrecker (meaning i had no choice; no part in this decision. they used the wrecker they wanted 100%) and it was on it's way. IF i could drive my truck away, they would call and tell them to turn around.

had it towed, only took cash, but couldn't make change. if it was $150 and you had $200; you were paying $200.

i'm not joking; it was an obvious racket and i'm glad at someone else thinks it's wrong and exploitative.

the orange/red sticker when YOUR car breaks down gives you 24/48 hours to deal with it. if YOUR car is stolen and SOMEONE ELSE ditches it; you have 1 hour.

that's absolutely ridiculous. gpt ai lawyer would destroyed that argument lol.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have some real parasites in the towing careers here in Okc. If they tow your vehicle it will be gone thru and anything of value stolen. Very corrupt profession.

Latest posts

Top Bottom