Let the lawsuits begin....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am saddened and disgusted, but not really surprised.

I would just be thankful that my child was alive.

MERIDEN, Connecticut (Reuters) - A $100 million claim on behalf of a 6-year-old survivor is the first legal action to come out of the Connecticut school shooting that left 26 children and adults dead two weeks ago.

The unidentified client, referred to as Jill Doe, heard "cursing, screaming, and shooting" over the school intercom when the gunman, 20-year-old Adam Lanza, opened fire, according to the claim filed by New Haven-based attorney Irv Pinsky.

"As a consequence, the ... child has sustained emotional and psychological trauma and injury, the nature and extent of which are yet to be determined," the claim said.

http://news.yahoo.com/claim-seeks-100-million-child-survivor-connecticut-school-003646074.html

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, let's think about this for a minute. We've been saying almost since the day of the shooting that the schools should have done more for security, haven't we? Armed guards and all that? Ring a bell? Maybe Jill Doe isn't the best possible client for this, but if the verdict comes back that the school could have done more, won't that bolster our case for arming teachers?

Discuss.

mrsgomezclan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It might make a point as to the security side, but its just so slimy for this childs parents and their lawyer to be doing this that i hope they dont get anywhere with the lawsuit.

:-(

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, let's think about this for a minute. We've been saying almost since the day of the shooting that the schools should have done more for security, haven't we? Armed guards and all that? Ring a bell? Maybe Jill Doe isn't the best possible client for this, but if the verdict comes back that the school could have done more, won't that bolster our case for arming teachers?

Discuss.

And do damage to the gun free zone" shooting gallerys"

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Jill Doe, heard "cursing, screaming, and shooting" over the school intercom"

I seriously doubt that any or all of those would take a child over the edge and make them want to do future harm to others.

Hell, I hear that every time I go to the range on sight in day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom