• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

LF new to lightly used STI pattern 2011 mags.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fitz-

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
$100 a pop a bit much to me, ordered a couple checkmate industries for an apollo 11, but was wondering if anyone had excess used gucci brand 2011 mags for a decent price, bonus for anything larger than the 17s.

Tulsa region and east

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
My understanding is you don't want any of the old style Gen 1 STI 2011 magazines that required tuning to be useable. The Gen 2 and newer magazine are supposed to be much better if you didn't already know that.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nothing wrong with Gen 1 STI mags. Gen 1 STI mags used for 9mm are actually 38 Super/SuperComp mags that require an insert to shorten them internally from front to back.

Gen 2 mags can be had from a variety of sources, and the best prices are the Duramags associated with the Springfield Prodigy release. They are great mags too. Best value on stainless finish Gen 2 mags is direct from Stacatto when they are in stock.

Fitz-

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nothing wrong with Gen 1 STI mags. Gen 1 STI mags used for 9mm are actually 38 Super/SuperComp mags that require an insert to shorten them internally from front to back.

Gen 2 mags can be had from a variety of sources, and the best prices are the Duramags associated with the Springfield Prodigy release. They are great mags too. Best value on stainless finish Gen 2 mags is direct from Stacatto when they are in stock.
I've seen some ***** about the prodigy mags, or at least I saw a few saying specifically they were having issues w/ them in the Apollo 11.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Prodigy mags are fine. I run them all the time in practice and at matches. Problematic 2011 mags are uncommon, and so often if there is a problem it is a weak mag spring that mag springs can be considered the only real issue that exists beyond single anomalies or self induced damage. Springs are a wear item that need replacement per time. I have dozens of 2011 mags from every generation of production and manufacturer. They are all good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom