LH bolt guns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nanook 450

Marksman
Reaction score
As a lefty I like lever guns, Browning pump shotguns, Benelli Shotguns; with respect to rifles, I've got several Browning A-Bolts that have all been modified by Jerry Martin in Shawnee, as follows: strip shiny crap off the stock and finish with natural finish; properly glass bed the stock at the recoil lug and at the trigger area; install Bounds break on the heavy recoiling guns and mercury inserts on same. I really like the 60 degree bolt throw. He's done all that to my:

270 / 325wsm / 300 win mag / 375 H&H and I've taken deer and hogs with all except the 375 and all shoot sub MOA.

I've spent a ton of money on my 338 RUM Remington 700, laminate stock, stainless - sent it to Brockman's who trued the bolt face, cut the recoil lug and free floated the barrel, installed tritium front sight and his pop-up peep on the rear Talley scope mount. It's wearing a new Leupold VX6 3 x 18 x 44 with ill B&C reticle. Killed a Kansas buck at 250 yards - it arched up for a few seconds and fell over. I plan to continue to work with that Rem 700 as I've not "mastered it" as well as the Browning A-Bolts. The bolt throw bothers me on the 700 but not too much.

These are all lefty riles of course!

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a lefty I like lever guns, Browning pump shotguns, Benelli Shotguns; with respect to rifles, I've got several Browning A-Bolts that have all been modified by Jerry Martin in Shawnee, as follows: strip shiny crap off the stock and finish with natural finish; properly glass bed the stock at the recoil lug and at the trigger area; install Bounds break on the heavy recoiling guns and mercury inserts on same. I really like the 60 degree bolt throw. He's done all that to my:

270 / 325wsm / 300 win mag / 375 H&H and I've taken deer and hogs with all except the 375 and all shoot sub MOA.

I've spent a ton of money on my 338 RUM Remington 700, laminate stock, stainless - sent it to Brockman's who trued the bolt face, cut the recoil lug and free floated the barrel, installed tritium front sight and his pop-up peep on the rear Talley scope mount. It's wearing a new Leupold VX6 3 x 18 x 44 with ill B&C reticle. Killed a Kansas buck at 250 yards - it arched up for a few seconds and fell over. I plan to continue to work with that Rem 700 as I've not "mastered it" as well as the Browning A-Bolts. The bolt throw bothers me on the 700 but not too much.

These are all lefty riles of course!

I'm gonna hopefully get me a Marlin .44Magnum lever action rifle this summer if I make the money, and to go along side it will be either a S&W Model 629 (4" or 6" barrel) or a Ruger Alaskan (.44Magnum) snubbie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom