License Plate Scanning Bill Passes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's only if the agency shares data. OCPD uses license plate readers for stolen vehicles. It's on a private server that does NOT backfeed the info back to the ALPR company. The info gets deleted off after 30 days and does not go anywhere else. I'm amazed that ya'll aren't more concerned with private industry than LEO having this access. This info can be collected by anyone at anytime, much like Google Earth. There are companies that do have cameras mounted in locations and on vehicles collecting that data, and selling it much like the article describles, with absolutely no oversight. Some agencies do, maybe unintentionally, as they may use the cloud or the company's servers to mitigate costs. I mean lets be honest, if big brother wanted to track us, they can and would without using ALPR's.

Yep, that's the people that will definitely use their 'private police forces' to do to you what they want.
I say it's time to ride a horse, screw the car thing.

Snake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well believe it or not there are some finance company that have this technology. They drive through Wal Mart,office building and such looking for delinquent payment cars. They find it then they repo it. Hey Dave and some numbers...wheres the abuse now?

Latest posts

Top Bottom