LIFE TIME FITNESS in Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too fancy for me. Give me the old Golds or any gym pictured in Pumping Iron and I am good. Real men working out with real weights. You can keep your sissified rubber coating, no chalk, no grunting, no sweating gym with your limp wristed, out of shape "trainers" too.

Yes because guys running around a gym with huge arms and stick legs that can't hold tension for longer than 10secs is what we should all strive for.

dx3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The new Sky is very nice. The climbing wall is awesome - and boy is that a workout on the forearms. Also you can use both of their facilities with your membership from what I understand. I have never been to the Golds so I can't comment on it.

At the end of the day, it matters where you feel most comfortable with. Go check them all out and let us know what you come up with. I'd be interested to hear.

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a member of All-American and have been for ~15yrs. Its not the nicest place by any means, but they have everything I need and my price now can't be beat.

They offer(ed) a "Lifetime" membership that cost like $700 up front, that covered the first 3 years, after 3 yrs you're only on the hook for your annual renewal fee which can be negotiated down (last I heard it was $79/yr)

When you do the math that is a LOT cheaper than most other gyms in town

700/36 = <$20 a month for the first 3yrs
79/12 = <$6.60 a month going forward.

Personally I now pay just over $13, (THIRTEEN) dollars a YEAR for my membership, at that price point I can sacrifice not having a Smoothy Bar or Internet Cafe that I wouldn't use in the first place.

Compare that to the quote I got yesterday from LIFETIME of $62 a month ($744/yr) its a no brainer (for me at least)

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We just joined Life Time. Both of us are in the "been there done that" category of the muscle mass building to the max and don't care about that since we are over 50 now. No kids so the child care isn't an issue. Others mentioned that there are a lot of people there but they are right that the place is so big you'll not notice them. They have weight machines and free weights as well...yep, there's lots of grunting and screaming in the free weight area by the bird-leg group. But that's OK too. They have a great rock climb wall and good b-ball courts. I have not heard about the expansion. That would be cool if they add raquet ball.

purplehaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HMFIC said:
That could be an option as well. I'll check them out. Also considering Gold's over on 71st and Aspen in BA so if anyone knows about it, I could use opinions there as well.

I was a golds member before lifetime and the broken arrow facility is the nicer of the two and they are both pretty nice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom