Locktite on Buckmark Whisper?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egriton

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Buckmark Whisper (bought at H&H) -- I wasn't particularly interested in the threaded barrel, but it is what I could find.

The problem I'm having is that after a few dozen rounds, the barrel cap starts to loosen up. I tighten it, but a few more rounds, again it gets loose.

So, I'm thinking about using a dab of purple locktite.

However, I want to be able, if needed, to still remove it without damage. Does this seem worth the risk? Anyone have a better option?

Thanks.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ruger MKIII threaded barrel pistols use a flat spring steel lock washer. You could order one of these from Ruger.
Loctite would work, degrease the threads and l would use the lowest strength hi temp loctite.

Welcome to the OSA.

egriton

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ruger MKIII threaded barrel pistols use a flat spring steel lock washer. You could order one of these from Ruger.
Loctite would work, degrease the threads and l would use the lowest strength hi temp loctite.

Welcome to the OSA.

Thanks. I just read elsewhere that I could wrap the threads in teflon tape... ironic I suppose as it would add a bit of friction. If that doesn't work, then I'll move on to a dab of purple loctite.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always used the teflon tape on TacSol barrels due to the alum threads. Never had and issue with steel threaded host. Loctite 620 is what I use on sights. Its green in color and easy to remove. 620 is a retaining compound and not a thread locker.

egriton

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shadowrider is right . You should use the blue Loctite.

My bad, some days I am surprised I can remember my name! I use the 620 on dovetailed sights. The 222MS (purple) is available as of earlier this year.

img.photobucket.com_albums_v231_GLG20_DSC00728.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom