Look What WikiLeaks Dug Up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL. That and a $50 a month credit at the company store.

You can partly blame American's love of dirt cheap crap for the influx of third world goods. We love it and we'll buy as much of it as the leettle brown chliren can make so we can have money left over to pay the cable bill and car payment.

Bingo!!!!

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's the weather like in Haiti? Sounds like a good place to retire if you can get by on 12.50 per day. Ya reckon I could pick up some real estate pretty cheap?

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would settle for the US State Department not intervening in another country's politics in order to promote corporate interests.

I'm with you.

And as for Americans being at fault for buying cheap crap: it's human nature to buy the least expensive crap you can find. The cheap crap has been made available, so the masses flock to it. Look at gas; in the local news this week, Skiatook is supposed to have gas something like 20¢ cheaper per gallon than Tulsa. I'll bet there's all kinds of ding dongs driving 20 miles out of their way - in 12 mpg giant pick ups - to buy that "cheap" gas. I think most people are suckers for "cheap". I don't think it's just an American phenomenon.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haiti: Population 9,719,932
Nominal GDP / capita: $673 (that's $1.85/day)

This also means that for the tidy sum of $6.5B we could completely supply the Haitian economy for one year. If you use normal valuations, we ought to be able to purchase Haiti and it's workforce for around $13B. I say it's a bargain, especially when you consider all of the great cigar growing soil.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think what he meant was, those corporations would have kept those jobs here if only Americans would work for 32 cents per hour.

Why is it that people who complain about American manufacturing jobs moving overseas never tell their kids "skip college. work for minimum wage" ?

No, they always say "Go to college. Get a good job."

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why is it that people who complain about American manufacturing jobs moving overseas never tell their kids "skip college. work for minimum wage" ?

No, they always say "Go to college. Get a good job."

Same reason college educated office workers complain about about illegal immigrants so much.

Or the same reason blue collar workers that want/encourage/force their kids to go to college and get an office job so "they don't end up like dad" complain about illegal immigrants.

Latest posts

Top Bottom