Looking for help on weapon and can you have to much

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POPIG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I SET MY SELF GOALS IN 80'S TO LIMIT TYPES OF ROUNDS AND WEAPONS TO GO WITH MY PREPPING. I HAVE SEVERAL 38/357 REVOLVERS AND ROUNDS FOR THE WOMEN OF OUR GROUP
I HAVE 9MM PISTALS AND NORTH OF 25,000 ROUNDS, I HAVE SIX LONG GUNS OF .556 WITH NORTH OF 35,000 ROUNDS, I HAVE 3 LONGER GUNS OF 30-06 3000 ROUNDS THEIR, 8 .22 RIFLES WITH 28,000 ROUNDS PUT AWAY, SEVERAL SHOTGUNS .410, 20,12 AROUND 15,000 RDS,
THIS IS WHERE I HAD PLANNED TO STOP. JUST ADDED TO SIG 45s ON A WHIM NOWI HAVE 5500 RDS THERE NOW

THIS IS WHERE I NEED HELP FROM THOSE WHO HAVE DONE THIS AWILE.TELL IF I HAVE GONE TO OVER KILL.
I WOULD LIKE TO ADD SOME 7.62X51 AND 2-3 ARSTYLE TO MUCH OR TO LATE. I HAVE A SMALL FAMILY GROUP WITH TWO LOCATIONS
MY FAMILY THINKS WE MAY HAVE CROSSED SOME LINE NOW.
WHAT DO YOU THINK

THANKS

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As long as you are not neglecting the other, just as important needs like food, water, medicine, etc then there is no such thing as to much. If things get that bad you can always trade some off for needed items.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Make a pistol and rifle for each family member ,, make those people become as great of shots as you can with their
weapons.
I did a rough estimate of the weight of your ammo.
30-06= 190 lbs
pistol ammo =714 lbs
223= 875 lbs
22= 188 lbs
45= 190 lbs
total =2157 lbs not counting guns and other supplies.
Distributed between a few vehicles since more than a few people.
I see no issues.
I hauled 1600lbs of flagstone in my geo metro from piney creek to yukon.
That is all she wanted!
I hope your vehicle is bigger than that :)

I had a 4" lifted ford E150 that made many trips there and heaviest load was 6500lbs of flagstone inside the van.
Total vehicle weight was 12500lbs.
make sure you have STOUT tires!
Because once you get all your supplies and ammo loaded you will be close to that.

BUT you may not be driving anywhere.. Heck you may have a fort Knox setup where you are at and do not need to bug out.

nos8ed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man I wish I had that much ammo.
You probably already know not to store all your ammo in one location.

Btw, no such thing as too much ammo or too many guns my friend. However, as suggested above I would start looking real hard at water & food supply if you haven't already.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To answer the question "Can you have too much?". Yes you can have to much if the rest of your "Preps" are not up to speed. Guns are only one small part of the equation.

How's your food, medical, and hygiene storage? Food prep, food production, alternative energy, transportation, non-kinetic security arrangements etc...?

How about professional and realistic training for everyone you've stockpiled those smoke-wagons for?

Those are the things I'd be focusing on if I had as much guns/ammo put back as you have. Kudos.

POPIG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have adaqat water on both sites. All family have had professional firearms instruction, We have 18 months of food and plenty of seed if we need more we have bigger trouble. I spent 29 years as FF Medic and am working on more supplies.
I am wondering if you should ever find a stopping point.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like your little stash. I would not be putting those numbers out on a public forum.

As long as it's a good buy, I would buy ammo. Like I told my wife the other day, I'll probably never stop buying. I may buy more may buy less, but I'll always buy it. As long as it is stored properly it can be stored nearly indefinitely or passed down. Sadly, I think we're going to need ammo in my natural life which is roughly another 40 years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom