Los Angeles- Train smashes crashed plane seconds after LAPD rescue pilot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always wondered why with all the technology we possess, there isn't cameras at each intersection that would give a warning to trains that the crossing is blocked miles ahead of when they are getting there? I understand there are idiots that cross with the cross arms down, but that's on them.
It takes a long time to shut down a train, so my scenario wouldn't work in every incident, but why not?

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the best thing that i have been told from someone that worked 25 years with the RR is if your stuck on some tracks to grab some jumper cables or a log chain and connect the 2 rails together and it will trip the switch to the signal down the track.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the best thing that i have been told from someone that worked 25 years with the RR is if your stuck on some tracks to grab some jumper cables or a log chain and connect the 2 rails together and it will trip the switch to the signal down the track.
Your correct, it will, but typically that is only to signal for the arms to drop at the crossing, and may not be soon enough for a 150 car train to shut down in time, but its worth a shot!
We had kids use wire in town several years ago to do just that. Then main street in town would be shut down for quite awhile before the RR folks could get there and find the wire.

Latest posts

Top Bottom