OKC Plane Crash kills two 12/10/23

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.news9.com/story/657746d...illed-in-oklahoma-city-plane-crash-identified

Two people died after an airplane crashed into a field and burst into flames, Oklahoma firefighters say. Firefighters arriving at the scene of the burning wreck on Sunday, Dec. 10, found a man struggling to rescue a passenger from what was left of the single-propeller plane, the Oklahoma City Fire Department said in a news release. The plane was “fully engulfed” by fire, officials said. The fire was quickly put out, firefighters said, but the passenger still trapped in the wreckage died at the scene. The man who was trying to rescue the passenger was taken in critical condition to a hospital, where he later died, according to the fire department. That man was the pilot, firefighter Scott Douglas told KFOR, adding that despite the man’s ultimately fatal injuries, he was talking at the scene. Officials say the plane crashed near Wiley Post Airport, a small airport on Oklahoma City’s northwest side. The crash is being investigated by federal aviation officials, the fire department said.

Read more at: https://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/national/article282917668.html#storylink=cpy

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.news9.com/story/657746d...illed-in-oklahoma-city-plane-crash-identified

Two people died after an airplane crashed into a field and burst into flames, Oklahoma firefighters say. Firefighters arriving at the scene of the burning wreck on Sunday, Dec. 10, found a man struggling to rescue a passenger from what was left of the single-propeller plane, the Oklahoma City Fire Department said in a news release. The plane was “fully engulfed” by fire, officials said. The fire was quickly put out, firefighters said, but the passenger still trapped in the wreckage died at the scene. The man who was trying to rescue the passenger was taken in critical condition to a hospital, where he later died, according to the fire department. That man was the pilot, firefighter Scott Douglas told KFOR, adding that despite the man’s ultimately fatal injuries, he was talking at the scene. Officials say the plane crashed near Wiley Post Airport, a small airport on Oklahoma City’s northwest side. The crash is being investigated by federal aviation officials, the fire department said.

Read more at: https://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/national/article282917668.html#storylink=cpy
Brave pilot, probably could have saved himself if he had gotten away, but stayed in the fire to save his passenger. Reminds me of a crash years ago, maybe 30. A liner went down in that big river in DC, IIRC. There were quite a few survivors, and they got a rescue helicopter on scene pretty quick, the problem was it was winter and freezing cold. The helicopter crew was plucking people out of the water, and there was one guy, I think he was in a shirt and tie, and he kept waving the basket off or passing it off to someone else. and the crew would then go to the bank of the river and unload. I saw an interview with the crew, they said they could see the guy was getting tired, and they wanted to save him because he had saved several, but the next trip out he was gone. That is bravery in the purest form, to give your life fo people you didn't even know. I'd like to think I could do that, but I don't know, maybe you never know until you're there. But God bless those like him.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guy only had his pilot license for a few months apparently.
He did only have it a few months. The passenger was his wife. Both were good people from what ive seen. Sucks horribly. He was super excited to get his license to fly. Seems he was trying to get his wife out when help arrived. He passed at the hospital.

Latest posts

Top Bottom