Los Zetas Cartel Tried to Buy $500K in Grenades, Machine Guns in Texas Border City, Say Feds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
“to straw-purchase $500,000-worth of grenades, machine guns, and RPGs in the U.S. for smuggling to Mexico.”

so as long as They buy grenades, machine guns, and RPGs for themselves, it’s ok?

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Purchase them from whom? I didn't see that mentioned. It's not like one can run down to Academy Sports and buy a case of grenades and RPGs, so I'm guessing Federal Agents in a sting? I mean, anyone who offered to sell me a grenade in the United States would be suspect - much less cases of them, RPGs, and full-autos. Those would be something you'd think would come from some other part of the world - and for someone in this country - from Mexico. So they weren't too bright to fall for something like that.

So surprised they didn't finish it with ".....from a white supremacist militia group". They could have tied one boogeyman to another.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Purchase them from whom? I didn't see that mentioned. It's not like one can run down to Academy Sports and buy a case of grenades and RPGs, so I'm guessing Federal Agents in a sting? I mean, anyone who offered to sell me a grenade in the United States would be suspect - much less cases of them, RPGs, and full-autos. Those would be something you'd think would come from some other part of the world - and for someone in this country - from Mexico. So they weren't too bright to fall for something like that.

So surprised they didn't finish it with ".....from a white supremacist militia group". They could have tied one boogeyman to another.
Most definitely a BS undercover sting. Venezuela has an AK manufacturing plant from when Hugo Chavez was still alive that was sanctioned by Russia. If Mexico really wanted firearms they could get brand spanking new AK 47 or 74s shipped up from Venezuela. They wouldn’t need any of the BS semi autos coming from the US. This makes no sense.
RPGs? This isn’t mother Russia. That’s comblock cr@p. Not coming from the US. Grenades? The army and marines loosing track of their stuff? Like where does anyone think they are going to get this hardware? Fricking maroons

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grenades? The army and marines loosing track of their stuff?
I grew up next to Ft. Riley, and I remember one time back in the 80s that a grenade went missing after some field exercise. They locked their asses down in the barracks for like two weeks, until that grenade turned up. I don't think it ever did, and was likely some error in inventory. But that shows just how anal they are about one grenade - much less cases of them.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Journalism is dead in the USA.

Latest posts

Top Bottom