Low recoil 12 gauge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

44minimum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have read about low recoil 12 gauge ammo but I cannot remember who makes it. Do they make it with 00 buck or other suitable defensive loads? My parents are getting older and don't need to be kicked anymore than they have to.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Almost all of the major shotgun shell manufacturers make low recoil slugs and buck. I have my Benelli handy in the house with 10 low recoil 00 9 pellet buck. I trust it.

M

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remington and Federal are probably the top two. They both make reduced recoil 00 Buck and slug loads.

OPS in Tulsa carries the Remington fodder in 25 round boxes at a good price, so thats what I use.

aod93gt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my experience, the low recoil buckshot has a similar felt recoil as a #6 or 7 field load. I believe they use a shock absorbing device behind the shot.

jujuboy77

Marksman
Reaction score
wow this is good to know i have upper back/neck issues and the heavy loads are out of the question for me now. anyone know where in okc to find these rounds?

Latest posts

Top Bottom