M&P 40c mag release

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truckmann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I plan to call them again after the 17th. The guy I talked to first at S&W didn't really have a clue and said all the service guys are on vacation until then. I've run a couple of boxes through it so far and it has not dropped the mag out when firing, but it's just too easy to release it with a bump of the button. Hopefully a new mag catch will fix it. If the buttons have a longer piece of metal that catches on the mag, requiring the button to be pressed farther before release I think that will fix my issue.

I need to order a new holster for it, but the holster I used one day is a crossbreed supertuck that is for my XD40. Actually the M&P fit's in it reasonably well other than it doesn't lock in as good as it would with the proper custom molded Kydex piece that will fit the trigger guard area. I didn't have any worry that the gun would fall out though.

I only had the mag release once on me when I first holstered it, but that was enough to concern me.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There have been complaints from others that the Crossbreed holsters push on the mag release too much. A holster that is fitted to the gun (which yours is not) will protect the mag release from being pressed. So I would be sure to check that out.

truckmann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got the new mag catch a few weeks ago and it seems to have helped, but I haven't had time to get to the range and put some rounds through the gun to see if it stays better. I still wish that button didn't stick out as far as it does, but as long as it works. I think worst case I can move the button to the opposite side and use my middle finger on my right hand instead of my thumb to release the mag.

Thanks for you insight Yukon. I am planning on ordering another holster for it as soon as fundage is available.