M&P15-22 or Marlin 60

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know these are an odd comparison, to say the least. I've been working really hard this month to save up for a Marlin Model 60, but I've already saved enough money for it and now my mind is moving up to the S&W. They serve completely different purposes, and I may be able to just buy both, but what are your opinions on them?

nobuttbrian

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say both, I have the 10/22, a model 60 and the newly purchased 15-22.All are fun to shoot, all seem accurate and hard to pick just ,so shoot all of them and enjoy.

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually don't think they serve different purposes. I like my Model 60 a bunch, but I want an M&P15-22. It should be able to do anything the Model 60 can do, plus a lot more: high ammo capacity, easy mounting of scopes/optics, and cheap practice that mimics your defensive rifle (if you have a centerfire AR).

The Model 60 is slimmer, with its tube mag. If you travel, the Marlin might be legal in some coastal jurisdictions that impose restrictions on detachable mag semi-auto guns like the M&P15-22.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Academy had it on sale for $400 about 3 weeks ago. I looked at one at Big Boys today. I think it was in the $440 range. "don't quote me"

Latest posts

Top Bottom