Magpul Angled foregrip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay.

AFG1

AFG2

AFG1 PTS

AFG2 PTS

The PTS ones on Ebay are $10.00 to $20.00, The others are $30.00 to $40.00??????? Which one do I need for a 20in rifle with quad rail? Thanks for the help.

Mike

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The pts are training ones meant for airsoft. the afg2 is smaller than the afg1. so it would depend on the size of your hands. I have the afg1 and I love it. I found that it helps me pull the rifle in tighter against the shoulder and for me it got rid of the barrel sway I was getting with a vertical foregrip

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My idea of the usefulness of the AFG is opposite of the company's intentions. I find they're only useful on 7" carbine rails, particularly on SBR's. It will give you a couple of crucial extra inches for extension of the support hand, to better drive the gun. On a 20", I don't think they're useful at all. I'd recommend getting a Magpul RVG instead, and cutting it down into an abbreviated hand stop.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GTG speaks da truef. I run RVG's. I haven't cut them down out of laziness, but I run them as hand stops. Wormydog is also right that you don't "need" any grips.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you think it's a waste of resources? I am really on the fence anyway. Some like them some don't. I am not wether I do or not. I usually just wrap my hand around the front of the magwell.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you think it's a waste of resources? I am really on the fence anyway. Some like them some don't. I am not wether I do or not. I usually just wrap my hand around the front of the magwell.

I really wouldn't do that either. Especially on a 20" gun. I'm not one of those Costa babies that wanna stick my arm way out there like I have some sort of shoulder deformity, but reaching out some will give you better leverage of the rifle and allow you to control the muzzle more (if you're running it; if you're just shooting prone or supported then its whatever).
I don't like anything on my handguard/rails. I've tried the afg and several vfg's and never really felt like it added anything other than weight. On a SBR like JB said, I wouldn't know as I have no experience. Handstops are good for some and I actually guess I use my sling attachment on my rail as a handstop, mostly for an index point to grip the rifle in the same spot everytime, consistency and comfortability.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like my AFG on my SBR...

Little more to hold on to (and I don't like Vertical grips) and also like using the AFG for a 'pivoting rest' if I have something to rest my rifle on while shooting...

Latest posts

Top Bottom