Man Charged With Being Fake Army Ranger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R. Johnson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MLRyan said:
Having actually read the article now, I have a question. Did no one question his credentials? Think about it. 20 year old Army Ranger with 4 tours? If you joined the day you turned 18 you still wouldn't be done with Ranger training by the time you're 20. At a minimum right now, Army tours are what? 6 months. At max 12+ months. So in about 2 years he A.) completed basic training B.) completed Ranger training C.) completed a minimum of 2 years in theater. That's why I always ask how old someone is when I hear them say "I'm a pilot" at the bar.

Ranger school really isn't all that long. And with the (unfortunate) high school to flight school program a person could easily be flying Army helicopters by their 19th birthday.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The guy's obviously a loser.

But maybe he meant to say "Internet Ranger?"

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v235_bierh_FromtheInternet.jpg

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having actually read the article now, I have a question. Did no one question his credentials? Think about it. 20 year old Army Ranger with 4 tours? If you joined the day you turned 18 you still wouldn't be done with Ranger training by the time you're 20. At a minimum right now, Army tours are what? 6 months. At max 12+ months. So in about 2 years he A.) completed basic training B.) completed Ranger training C.) completed a minimum of 2 years in theater. That's why I always ask how old someone is when I hear them say "I'm a pilot" at the bar.

Why on earth would anyone want to claim they were a pilot?

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I work with a guy that claims he was an army ranger medic. He has no pics of him in uniform and no medals or no proof,all he says is he has the scars to prove it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom