Man Charged With Being Fake Army Ranger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having actually read the article now, I have a question. Did no one question his credentials? Think about it. 20 year old Army Ranger with 4 tours? If you joined the day you turned 18 you still wouldn't be done with Ranger training by the time you're 20. At a minimum right now, Army tours are what? 6 months. At max 12+ months. So in about 2 years he A.) completed basic training B.) completed Ranger training C.) completed a minimum of 2 years in theater. That's why I always ask how old someone is when I hear them say "I'm a pilot" at the bar.

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having actually read the article now, I have a question. Did no one question his credentials? Think about it. 20 year old Army Ranger with 4 tours? If you joined the day you turned 18 you still wouldn't be done with Ranger training by the time you're 20. At a minimum right now, Army tours are what? 6 months. At max 12+ months. So in about 2 years he A.) completed basic training B.) completed Ranger training C.) completed a minimum of 2 years in theater. That's why I always ask how old someone is when I hear them say "I'm a pilot" at the bar.

Infantry One Station Unit Training (OSUT) is actually only 14 weeks and then if you have a Ranger contract, you go through 3 weeks for Airborne school and then you go over to the Ranger area to go through the Ranger Indoctrination Process, which is only 3 weeks I believe. Ranger School comes later when you have more time in Batt. Rangers typically only deploy for 4 months at a time so he could possibly have that experience only being twenty years old but that is probably unlikely.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MLRyan, that's what I was going to ask! Bar of soap in a sock for this kid.

Hummm.....so can I be charged with being a fake mall ninja?????

I don't think mall ninjas count, just because they are private security and not state/fed security. A whole list of pranks just popped into my head at the thought of impersonating a mall cop...

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems he's not actually being charged with a Lie, he's being charged with fraud. He was trying to defraud people of money using the lie.
If lying was against the law, you'ld have to create a gargantuan concentration camp encompassing several states.
There's tons of people I know who'ld be there.

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm all for kicking his A$$. On another note, didn't the courts just recently say that the "Stolen Valor" law was unconstitutional? (Which I think is B.S.)

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm all for kicking his A$$. On another note, didn't the courts just recently say that the "Stolen Valor" law was unconstitutional? (Which I think is B.S.)

"Stolen Valor" in and of itself, is unconstitutional, but what this guy was doing "seems" to go beyond that. If I tell you I'm the Seal that shot bin Laden, that is perfectly legal. If I tell you the same story with the addendum that I have hospital bills that the gumment won't pay, and won't you please drop a coin into my cup, that's fraud.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Stolen Valor" in and of itself, is unconstitutional, but what this guy was doing "seems" to go beyond that. If I tell you I'm the Seal that shot bin Laden, that is perfectly legal. If I tell you the same story with the addendum that I have hospital bills that the gumment won't pay, and won't you please drop a coin into my cup, that's fraud.

This is just all too confusing for me. Can I just have a pizza?

Latest posts

Top Bottom