Man fires some 50 shots at Calif. mall parking lot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live about two miles from that mall. Was wandering what the three heli's were doing hovering over that spot the whole time I was jogging. Shooter is lucky the Newport cops didn't pull the trigger. I was born and raised in Newport and the most action the police get are busting HS parties and traffic citations.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live about two miles from that mall. Was wandering what the three heli's were doing hovering over that spot the whole time I was jogging. Shooter is lucky the Newport cops didn't pull the trigger. I was born and raised in Newport and the most action the police get are busting HS parties and traffic citations.

50 rnds. is quite a bit, I thought Cali had stricter gun control.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought this was the South Coast Mall for a minute. IIRC most of it's parking is covered like airport parking. Or maybe thats just always where I parked when I went there, can't remember. This going on there could be really bad, it a huge mall and always packed...

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought this was the South Coast Mall for a minute. IIRC most of it's parking is covered like airport parking. Or maybe thats just always where I parked when I went there, can't remember. This going on there could be really bad, it a huge mall and always packed...

south coast plaza is a very large mall. Does have some garage parking but is jam packed this time of year. Fashion Island is very large for an outdoor mall and is even more crowded during the holidays. My bet is that the shooting is, "that was my f&@*% parking space", related.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait a f&*King minute, you mean to tell me what is effectively an AWB state had somebody shooting more rounds than can be held in a single restricted cap mag?

Blasphemy!!!

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm guessing once they make any magazine that holds more than 10 rounds illegal to possess, they'll come to the realization they have to make all magazines illegal, or guns that hold them illegal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom