3 dead including suspected gunman in Maryland mall shooting, police say

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/2...rt-shooting-at-maryland-mall/?intcmp=trending

COLUMBIA, Md. – Police confirm three dead including the suspected gunman in a shooting at a suburban Baltimore mall.

The Howard County Police Department confirmed the deaths on it's Twitter account, and said one of the deceased is the suspected gunman. A police department news release said one subject was located near a gun and ammunition, and is believed to have likely been the shooter.

The news release said there have been no reports of shots fired since the body was discovered. Authorities have no confirmed the identities of any people involved and are asking people to stay inside until police can clear them.

The scene was "believed to be secure" police said in a tweet issued at about 12:36 p.m.

The Howard County Fire and emergency services department sent out a tweet at 11:25 a.m. Saturday, saying that police and rescuers were responding to "an active shooter" at the Mall in Columbia in Maryland.

The mall typically opens at 10 a.m. on Saturdays and it was not known how many shoppers or workers may have been at the scene.

Joan Harding of Elkridge, Md., was shopping with her husband, David, for a tiara for their granddaughter's 18th birthday. She said she heard something heavy falling, followed by gunshots and people running.

"My husband said, 'Get down!' and the girl that worked in the store said, `Get in the back,' " Harding said. That is where they hid until police gave the all-clear.

Witnesses said they heard a succession of gunshots fired near the food court on the first floor of the mall.

People were directed out of the mall and into a parking lot, where some boarded a bus and others walked toward their cars. Some people were seen crying.

Laura McKinzles of Columbia works at a kiosk in the mall. She said she heard between eight and 10 gunshots, followed by people running and screaming. She ran into the backroom of a perfume store and locked the door.

The Maryland mall is at the center of the town, a suburb of both Baltimore and Washington.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is some more news to make the anti's smile. You know Obama and the like are loving this. More ammunition for them to use against us good guys. I just don't understand what it will take to make Americans wake up and realize this can happen anywhere. The more good people armed the safer and better off we would be. But you know Obama will probably hold another press conference saying how this has to stop. We have to enact some "common sense" gun measures to assure this will never happen again. It is the same old crap from him every time. You know, we really better be ready because November is going to be one of the most important elections we have ever had for 2A rights. If more Dems win we will be screwed. People better not be letting their guard down. End rant.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, that is my home town. Haven't been back in years, but I can remember when that Mall opened.
Used to go there all the time.
Learned some of my snow and skid driving techniques in the parking lot.

Damn.

dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom