Marine Corps Plans To Get Rid Of “Yes Sir” Over Gender Neutrality Concerns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trust me, but no one, not even the liberals who are pushing for it, are going to like what follows.
I believe you are correct, what is coming will be a catastrophe of epic proportions and will affect everyone regardless of ethnic affiliations. We'll all be one but it won't be enjoyable and it will be too late.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In 1968 I was addressed as "Drill Sergeant Xxxx", and I'm pretty sure it didn't have anything to do with gender identity. So, what I am saying is, I don't believe the Army has done anything different in the area of titles to suck up to the stupidity that has infected our nation and world.
Well as far as I know the Army, Navy, Coast Guard, and Air Force pretty much already took care of this 'problem' with everyone saying things like 'yes Drill Sergeant, or no, private (name), etc.). It's only the Marine Corps that [finally & reluctantly] decided to upgrade to the same standards as the other services.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Well as far as I know the Army, Navy, Coast Guard, and Air Force pretty much already took care of this 'problem' with everyone saying things like 'yes Drill Sergeant, or no, private (name), etc.). It's only the Marine Corps that [finally & reluctantly] decided to upgrade to the same standards as the other services.
Upgrade? 😂 I’m not sure not calling a drill instructor sir would be considered an upgrade. Of course boot camp at USMC is a bit different than donuts and coffee with the “person who leads my platoon” of the other branches. It seems America’s finest fighting force could be neutered like the others have been. Maybe they will implement glitter flinging instead of the rifle range while they’re at it.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You seen the newest US grenade?

1671677336985.png

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What you're referring to are Army NCOs.
Yes. When going through basic in the Army, you addressed them YES! DRILL SARGEANT, or NO! DRILL SARGEANT in a very loud voice during the early 70's when entering active duty.
Later when joining the local 95th Training Unit, as a Drill Sargeant with summer camps at Lawton and Ft Leanord Wood Mo, it was the same.
If one of the trainees addressed me as Sir, He got me in his face asking loudly if he saw any stars or bars on my collar. When getting the correct response of NO, he was informed I was an NCO, the person that actually made the Army run. Then they got to do a few pushups. After the first day or two, the rest got the message.
Never was in the Marine Corps. My only basic training knowledge of their responses was from movies.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom