Marlin 917v

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one of the marlins in 17hmr. Was certainly a tack driver.
Got a savage I liked better as a gift so I sold it here last year.
I've still got one in 17Mach2 that I'd like to stick one of those stocks on.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one of the marlins in 17hmr. Was certainly a tack driver.
Got a savage I liked better as a gift so I sold it here last year.
I've still got one in 17Mach2 that I'd like to stick one of those stocks on.

When I get my stock in, hopefully Friday, I'll be sure and post pics and do a mini review of it. The guy I bought it from was real nice. I spoke with him over the phone and got a few kinks worked out with the payment. I am hoping to get my stock Friday and put it on, then go shoot it.

With the rifle the way it is, plus the stock, plus the good deal I got on a BSA contender scope, I am still under what I would have paid buying the rifle with the thumbhole stock from the factory and adding the scope. All in all I am very pleased thus far with the rifle and I haven't even shot it yet!!:yelclap:

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you know if has more?
Or was this a one time thing?

I am fairly certain he has Few more. But I think I got the last of this particular color. It says on his eBay account he is an authorized Boyds stocks dealer. So they are Boyds stocks which from what I've heard are excellent. I went to Boyds website and he didn't have any more 917 stocks and the backorder was several months. I can pm you the eBay guys number if you would like or just get on eBay and search marlin 917 stock. He has a whole bunch 10/22 stocks and some Remington 597 stocks. I am still hoping mine will be here tomorrow. But with usps it will probably take until Monday.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got the stock in today. It fit perfect. The only problem I had the screws that hold plate around the magwell to the stock weren't drilled and one screw for the trigger guard wasn't drilled. I assume they are all like that. I am at my apartment in college and didn't have a drill or drill bit set so I just muscled it in with a screw driver. Wasn't hard but a drill bit would've helped.

Here is is put together.
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom