• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy Marlin/ Glenfield 25 magaziene

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I'm assuming you have either the old Glenfield 25 or the newer Marlin 25N because the old Marlin 25 is a slide (pump) action rifle.

Assuming it's an old Glenfield 25 this info should prove useful to you.

"The Glenfield 25 is more popularly known as the Marlin 80. Magazines for those are all over the place.

Most are made by Marlin, and the newer ones seem to be just a tad different than the old ones, such that they may either not stay in the gun or may get stuck.

If that happens, you just take the action out of the stock and the mag will come out. Then bend the little tang that holds the magazine one direction or another until it works smoothly. The amount your bending it is measured in thousands of an inch, so don't go nuts. Somewhere in there will be a compromise that will let older OEM magazines and the new ones both work smoothly. Problem is you have to reassemble the stock and base-plate to the action to know if you've got it right."

Also, to tell the difference.
Old magazine = metal follower.
New magazine = plastic follower.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I'm assuming you have either the old Glenfield 25 or the newer Marlin 25N because the old Marlin 25 is a slide (pump) action rifle.

Assuming it's an old Glenfield 25 this info should prove useful to you.

"The Glenfield 25 is more popularly known as the Marlin 80. Magazines for those are all over the place.

Most are made by Marlin, and the newer ones seem to be just a tad different than the old ones, such that they may either not stay in the gun or may get stuck.

If that happens, you just take the action out of the stock and the mag will come out. Then bend the little tang that holds the magazine one direction or another until it works smoothly. The amount your bending it is measured in thousands of an inch, so don't go nuts. Somewhere in there will be a compromise that will let older OEM magazines and the new ones both work smoothly. Problem is you have to reassemble the stock and base-plate to the action to know if you've got it right."

Also, to tell the difference.
Old magazine = metal follower.
New magazine = plastic follower.
I love the knowledge base of the good members here! Yes it’s a old style Glenfield 25 I think it’s a 81 if the first two subtracted from 2000 is still valid on them?

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I love the knowledge base of the good members here! Yes it’s a old style Glenfield 25 I think it’s a 81 if the first two subtracted from 2000 is still valid on them?

Manufacture date info is conflicting.

The Glenfield 25 was manufactured from 1979 through 1982 according to Brophy. Other sources suggest the Marlin Glenfield 25 was produced from 1972-1982. And yet other sources report examples with no serial # making them pre-1968.
Regardless, the Glenfield name was dropped in 1983. And no one seems to confirm that the subtractive dating method applies to these.

Latest posts

Top Bottom