Max-9 vs GX4 vs Shield vs P365 vs Apex A1 Carry vs MC2C vs Masada Slim

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Smith and Wesson 340 PD weighs about an ounce lighter than the M&P 340 because the M&P has a stainless steel cylinder but it doesn't have a warning not to shoot 110 gr or lighter loads out of it like the PD does. Also if I remember right when purchasing mine the M&P has the XS big dot night sight and the PD doesn't. Also I think you have to be careful what you clean up that titanium cylinder with or it will pit badly. I'm thinking this is correct information but someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.
20230312_224857.jpg

Last edited:

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm in the market for a new pistol for carry while at my new job. My criteria are as follows: Small enough to ankle carry, at least .380 caliber, optics ready and in the $500 or less range. I've narrowed my options to: the Sig p365, Taurus GX4, Ruger Max-9, S&W Shield Plus (both 9mm and 30SC), IWI Masada Slim, the Mossberg MC2C and the Beretta APX A1 Carry. I'm looking for feedback from people who have owned one of more of these guns, or from people who may have another suggestion.
I've had/have most of those. I currently carry a Masada Slim. I like having the 13+1 from factory option. The gun just feels great in the hand. The P365 is smaller. The APX A1 has very limited capacity. IF it HAS to be ankle carry, try an LCP Max? I love mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom