Maxim Defense

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a hard on for one of their PDWs but found it ridiculous they went out of their way to say they wouldn't warranty anything if you changed the muzzle device and/or ran a can on it.
Especially ironic from a company with that name. Hiram Percy rolling in his grave using that name and shunning the use of a can.

Oh well.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a hard on for one of their PDWs but found it ridiculous they went out of their way to say they wouldn't warranty anything if you changed the muzzle device and/or ran a can on it.
Especially ironic from a company with that name. Hiram Percy rolling in his grave using that name and shunning the use of a can.

Oh well.
I haven't heard that and they demo a bunch of their stuff with cans. They do love the hatebrake and it's pretty good but depends on what you want I guess. I have a couple buddies still over there and I'll ask them what that's all about and see what they say.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They've toned it down from when I looked 2 years ago. Used to say removing the Hatebrake and/or installing a silencer voided any and all warranty.

Now it's this, but still kinda lame. I see what they're going for but I've never seen a direct disclaimer like that from other companies.

Screenshot_20230310-212509_Chrome.jpg

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think most companies do that, but I'm betting it's coming from all the outhouse gunsmiths that seem to go out of their way to wreck a gun. They just happen to put it in bold print instead of fine print. I'll still ping them and see. I agree that the suppressor thing is silly, and shouldn't an issue...they probably want you to buy their suppressor. But wrenching on a gun or "betterizing" it usually voids a warranty anyway.

FWIW, if it's an AR/SR platform, I'm pretty sure I'm the warranty. It's an AR, so.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maxim came out with their 16" carbines this year...last year IIRC, was their AR308 platform. These are their first non-SBR AR platforms...they look pretty good too. If they're like their pistols and SBRs, they probably run like wildfire.

👇 👇 👇 👇
MD15:1516
https://www.maximdefense.com/product/md151516/
MD15:1516L
https://www.maximdefense.com/product/md15-1516l/
Never heard of them, but now I want one. The price seems good to me, and is that a fluted barrel I see? Have you shot one or seen any reviews yet?

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never heard of them, but now I want one. The price seems good to me, and is that a fluted barrel I see? Have you shot one or seen any reviews yet?
They are good guns and shoot pretty well. They are really well made and fit like a glove. Some people poo them because they aren't "AR Bob-the-Builder" friendly. Some people are always looking to jank up a good gun to make it "better".

A couple dudes I worked with before retirement worked over there. Now only one is left doing their ammo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom