Mayors prepare boycott of gun manufacturers in order to push for gun control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seriously? Apparently you've never worked in retail before. Some customers actually cost you money in the balance. :rolleyes2

I ran my own retail business for a while... Every customer is valuable, even the ones you can't stand. I think it's stupid though to offer up a discount to the biggest demo of consumers... That's bad for bottom line

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ran my own retail business for a while... Every customer is valuable, even the ones you can't stand. I think it's stupid though to offer up a discount to the biggest demo of consumers... That's bad for bottom line
Tell that to Ryder rental trucks...... I would say they disagree with you 100%. Every customer is not valuable... Plain and simple.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LE isn't the biggest demographic though. Gun manufacturers use LE agencies like car makers use racing, PR to sell more product. At this point, companies like Glock don't need agencies like NYPD to sell more guns. They can't make enough to keep up with demand as it is. Cutting NYPD off at the knees would be such a PR coup that the civilian market would quickly absorb any guns freed up by not selling to NYPD.

As for your discount comment, this is often the difference between a profitable customer and one that's actually bad for your business. Do some research and you'll find that customers who always expect steep discounts or services they're not willing to pay fairly for, can actually hurt your bottom line. Obviously when your business is in hand to mouth mode, every dime is valuable. Some bad customers can simply be used to keep sales volume at a level where manufacturer and distributor pricing are more profitable. But when your business is on solid footing and you have good earnings, data analysis will reveal that a small percentage of customers can actually cost you money. Even if you don't cut those customers loose, you need to keep them on a short leash and not offer the best incentives to them.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a two way street. Just do like Barrett did to Cali. No guns for you!!! I also agree we need to get the firearms manufacturing into "friendly" states. They are always in states like NY, MA, CT. The most restrictive states in the union. Heck even RRA is in Illinois.

Doesn't Glock have to put in a special trigger for NYPD? Something like a heavier trigger pull or something? Let's not examine the logic or lack of it for making marksmanship more difficult. They should tell these a$$hats to pound sand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom