Memorial Day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw this yesterday in the food court of Norman's Sooner Mall.

20240523_101929.jpg

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you and salute to all soldiers and sailors past, present and even future for providing the blanket of freedom that my family rests under.

Also love, love, love for all my brothers and sisters behind the badge, on the beat keeping our streets and communities safe.

boston-police-department.jpg

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's the symbolism of the salt and lemon on the plate? Memorial Day is important so I don't want to degrade it by a 'tequila shot' comment. :)

The lemon represents the bitter fate of the fallen; the salt the tears of the family left behind; and the inverted glass the inability of the fallen to drink.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw this yesterday in the food court of Norman's Sooner Mall.

View attachment 480908

I don't know, but if we get back over there, I'll ask in the mall's office.

I could tell in the first picture that I took that there was writing underneath the image of the soldier and the flag in the sign, but even with zoomed in, I couldn't read it. So, we went back this morning to do one of our daily walks, and I took a closer picture of the sign with emphasis on getting the text. Here is that picture.

20240524_105921.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom