Mercedes Makes Better Performance a $1,200 YEARLY/ANNUAL Subscription Fee in Its EVs(fee increases horsepower and torque)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read one guy was locked out of his tesla because the battery needed replacement. Tesla wouldn't unlock it until the battery was replaced. Never heard the rest of the story as the guy said he didn't have the money to replace it. Still making payments on it.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Schwab-you-own-nothing.jpg

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder how long before other car makers will pick up on this nifty little gem?! :censored:

https://www.thedrive.com/news/mercedes-makes-better-performance-a-1200-subscription-in-its-evs
They're following Harley Davidson's business model. A rider buys a new Harley and does so knowing he'll be paying thousands extra to buy performance mods that makes the bike road worthy. "Stage 1" upgrades. "Stage 2 upgrades." "Stage 3 upgrades."

Performance costs money. How fast do you want to go?

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the automakers are taking cues from the computer industry. You can purchase the hardware but you only license the software that makes it run.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amazon prime music did something similar. We used to be able to say Alexa, start that song over but now that wench replies with that's no longer available without an upgraded account or something to that effect.

Same with software. MS Word v10 works just fine. BUT, MS won't support any versions before v12 now eventually some of the v10 functionality won't work or can't get support. No choice but to upgrade. KA-CHING!

Latest posts

Top Bottom