Merry Christmas & Happy Birthday ... Sharps Sporting #3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Pleasantly surprised. Received an early Christmas/birthday gift from a client. Had mentioned something about wanting one in passing some months ago.

Rifle is a Davide Pedersoli Sharps Sporting #3. Very handsome. Like my Taylor's and Company "Smoke Wagon", this Italian reproduction is amazing. Wood is better than my picture would indicate and the wood to metal fit is perfect.

Pulling the hammer back to half cock and lowering the breech lever makes one think they could be loading a round into one of the cannons on the USS Missouri. Despite the weight (over ten pounds) the rifle has amazing balance.

Really don't know if I want to shoot it ... it is simply gorgeous. Need to find space on my wall to display this.

Attachments

• Pedersoli Sharps #3.jpg
    Pedersoli Sharps #3.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 147

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Shoot it' The Pedersoli's are made to be shooters! I've got the same rifle in the coin finish, fully engraved from the factory, and I shoot it as often as I can because it's seriously accurate! Light loads can be real fun to shoot.

Here's the receiver on my #3 Deluxe

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Shoot it' The Pedersoli's are made to be shooters! I've got the same rifle in the coin finish, fully engraved from the factory, and I shoot it as often as I can because it's seriously accurate! Light loads can be real fun to shoot.

Here's the receiver on my #3 Deluxe

Wow! That is gorgeous!!!

The reason why I mentioned the Pedersoli was due to a comment you had made about them some time ago so I really need to thank you!

I need to get the tang (?) sight. Any recommendations?

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That is beautiful. I don't know if I'd shoot it or not. You have some amazing friends for clients!!!!

Thank you for the kind words. We try to treat people how we want to be treated and never promise what we can't deliver. Doing that with some common sense "Business 101" and things work. I don't work for gifts or such gratuity so when it happens it is very nice.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom