'Mini ice age' coming in next fifteen years, new model of the Sun's cycle shows

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And the army of lib GW alarmists marches onward!:uhh::rollingla:rollingla

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/07/settled-science-or-selective-ignorance.php#!
Posted on July 12, 2015 by John Hinderaker in Climate
Settled Science, or Selective Ignorance?

..."It is obvious to any disinterested observer (i.e., anyone not funded by a government) that the alarmists are in disarray. Their models–the sole basis for their predictions of catastrophic warming–have been shown to have no ability to forecast the future. And, in fact, they don’t even hindcast very well."...

Last edited:

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
study by researchers at Great Britain’s Northumbria University say that

Let's see now, one study by one group at "Northumbria U", based solely on a theoretical model, not validated by any other research group nor independent data.....
Yep, it's obviously time for the press to trot out the dramatic stories. Next come the politicians with more taxes and regulations to "fix it". I am so NOT impressed. :censored:

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to read more about their methodology before going too far into this, but from the reports it appears that are *not* using a theoretical model...that they are measuring at least two different waves from the sun for prediction of future sun activity...and that the model (i.e., algorithm, formula, etc.) has been validated to be quite accurate (meaning the predictions were compared to actual measurements, and were really close). I wouldn't sell all your speedos just yet, though.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is is theory or a fact? People in Washington say we're heating up. I think most of our heat is generated in Washington DC.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you figure?

Go read the Science Daily link I left in post no. 10. Moreover, read the link to the Royal Astronomical Society story at the end of the SD link.

Every time you read a news media story, think about how much they get wrong in firearms-related stories...then remember that they're just as ignorant about everything else they touch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom