Modern Bows are pretty insane.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I am 6'9". The only bows I found that were legitimately long enough were about $900. I didn't care to spend that. As for the release not changing my draw, I greatly disagree. Watch me pull the bow without the release and with the release. If I keep my left elbow bent to the same degree, it is the difference between putting my right hand on my mouth, and below my ear in the pocket.

Unless I'm understanding you incorrectly, your right hand SHOULD be at your mouth. Ear is way too far back. Maybe this is the issue in not finding a draw length long enough...you're drawing too far back? Again, I could be misunderstanding you.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your hand should not be at your mouth. With a release, your knuckle should be behind your jaw/below your ear and the string should come somewhere near the corner of your mouth. I anchor behind my jaw with the string touching my nose.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doc is correct
The string should come no further back then to the corner of your mouth. With a wrist strap release that puts you hand back on your jaw line, with a thumb release or back tention it puts the back of your hand flat against your check/jaw. If your shooting fingers then obviously your knuckles/finger tips should be at the corner of your lip.
Technically a kisser button can only be used if your over drawn anyway.

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your hand should not be at your mouth. With a release, your knuckle should be behind your jaw/below your ear and the string should come somewhere near the corner of your mouth. I anchor behind my jaw with the string touching my nose.

Yeah, thats what i meant. That'll teach me to post on the run...

Latest posts

Top Bottom