mods delete

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would really like to stay OE as I want the unquestionable Glock reliability. It’s my primary carry, and the first handgun I would reach for if my life depended upon it. With buying a complete slide assy im only saving $100 over the cost of a whole new 19mos through the blue label program.
Yes, in that case I would just buy a new gun or get my slide cut. One thing a gunsmith might be able to do it cut it to fit MOS plates which you can buy from GLOCK.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glocks tend to win over those who hate them, because in spite of their failings there is too many positives to their platform to ignore.

Swap the slides, it makes more sense in the long run.

The 40 MOS is the cat’s meow. Shave it to fit, or learn to run it as is. Had it and quality 10mm been so plentiful a decade ago I’d not own a single 9mm, or any other handgun caliber excepting .22.

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have read multiple places that the MOS system is just ok and it is far better to have a slide that is milled for the particular optic you are wanting to run. Patriot CNC in Stillwater can mill slides and they have different options on their website. If it was me I would go with a zev duty slide with rmr cut

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
cutting edge milled a g35, mounted a venom and coated the slide back for I think $225 last year. if your eligible for blue label glock pricing you can get a new gun for around $400 though mos might be a tad higher.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't want to do any milling that makes it a permanent thing so I got a plate from EGW. No rear sight but who cares. It's rock solid and easy to do and for all the frugal/cheep folks, it's $50.

No zero retention issues or shifts and no sight damage.

https://www.egwguns.com/deltapoint-...int-redfield-accelerator-and-optima-for-glock
I think if you have to have a "milled" slide, it's probably cheaper to just get a new gun because milling is what? Half the price of new? meh

edl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could get a Glock model 45 MOS, essentially the same as a 19X. Above someone mentioned the MOS may not be that great. It’s good. Use a good aftermarket plate. Use good screws, cleaned well, with threadlocker, and allow to cure before firing. A milled slide reduces one failure point- the plate secured to the slide.

I can direct you to some posts on another site if you need help with mounting.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have read multiple places that the MOS system is just ok and it is far better to have a slide that is milled for the particular optic you are wanting to run. Patriot CNC in Stillwater can mill slides and they have different options on their website. If it was me I would go with a zev duty slide with rmr cut
I think that a cut to fit job would definitely be better. However, I have not had any issues with OE optic cuts either. The lugs are in place, nothing has moved.

Latest posts

Top Bottom