Molded Plastic Stump Feeder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
No pigs in the area, and until recently I used a 30gal drum as a gravity feeder. Coons were the biggest raiders, but in return, I considered it baiting for December 1 trapping. I just make a big pile on the ground now.

808racer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it will be perfect for areas with no pigs. It's a step up from just throwing it out on the ground. The thought is that it will make 200 lbs of corn last longer.

Is rodents getting inside it really an issue? I could see mice getting in if it goes empty, but otherwise haven't experienced it.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know a few guys who take a plastic barrel (cheap or free) put a barrel feeder funnel it it upside down and they drill 3 or 4 holes around the bottom edge for corn to funnel out. They use 3 "T" posts around the outside to secure it.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'd say rodents wouldn't be an issue, their going to eat it whether it's from a throw feeder on the ground, or from a gravity feeder..................maybe this is why I get so many coyote pics at my piles?

808racer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a cross section view. Keep in mind, it will also have a bark texture exterior to help blend in, but will be much more durable than the one's Cabela's quit selling a while back.

w14013_exp1_cutaway.jpg

And an exploded view:

w14013_exp1.jpg

808racer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I understand, they were widely accepted in the marketplace initially, but the manufacturing process and material were very poor. The units didn't last, didn't withstand the elements and rodents. My design and process addresses all of these issues, maintains the natural look, has increased capacity, improves the flow through the body, and is still affordable.

808racer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now I just need to know for sure I can move at least 550 of them to break even, before I go eyeballs deep in tooling costs.

To me, it's a huge plus that it blends in and looks natural... doesn't stick out like a sore thumb and look out of place like every other feeder out there. Maybe it's just me....

Latest posts

Top Bottom